Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 2 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HeXeticOffline
Post subject: Internal Playtest: 2006-09-02  PostPosted: Aug 30, 2006 - 07:51 PM
Site Admin

Let's have another playtest this Saturday at around 1200h EDT. The headlights/shadows turning bug has been fixed and lug00ber has provided some match tunes. I will issue a new internal release before Saturday; iceheart should provide a fixed plasma pickup by then and may have the energy cube ready as well.

I believe that the remaining essential 003 items are mostly limited to the maps... mappers, are your creations ready for 003? It is critical that we update ic_mine for the enlarged bounding box.

I will also see about getting a scrape shader/def/script thing working tonight so that Narfig can play around with the sounds for that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject: RE: Internal Playtest: 2006-09-02  PostPosted: Aug 30, 2006 - 09:14 PM
IC Team

Yay! Playtest (Narfig does a little happy dance)

If you can give me a script that plays ic_scrape_start when you start scraping and ic_scrape_stop when you stop scraping, I think I have sounds ready for it. Don't worry about fadesound yet.

Edit: Oh and we need to add pickups to all the maps. I think all maps need to be fully playable or they should get cut from the mapcycle. If not for .003 for .004 we should be starting players with just the laser and making them search for stuff.

JasposOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2006 - 09:57 AM
Cadet

I think ic_tumbler is ok for 003. I may make some more tweaks before the playtest and if so I'll update for it. Just like the code the map is not complete and I hope to get some critical comments from the team and ic players before I 'complete' it. Some things on my to do list are - find out how to get an animated mesh to have self collision - create and place some light source models - break up some flat areas / add detail. One thing I'm unsure of if it's my bad or not, is that you spawn at some player starts in the wrong direction though it seems to be positioned ok. I'll take another look at this.
Do we need any pickup models made or textured ? I could have a go.

SpectreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2006 - 07:47 PM
IC Team

Jaspos wrote:
Do we need any pickup models made or textured ? I could have a go.

I make pickup models, but actually no one is applying on textures.
Are you going to enlarge the pasages of ic mine or do i need to do that?

Now I'm poking to Iceheart: his queue of models waiting to be icehearthed are energy cube, autocannon, and autocannon pickup. I hope he noticed them into his mailbox Confused

P.S. whoa i finally figured out that EDT means GMT-4 Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2006 - 11:47 PM
Site Admin

Ice is still struggling with the energy cube although in-between ramblings about "satan" and "FUCK", he said something about having completed the normal map.

If you could take initiative and enlarge some of the ic_mine tight spots, that would be awesome. I can tell you which ones need to be fixed:
- Small access port at bottom of lava room (too small to go through)
- Vertical tube from low-ceiling lava area (too small to go through)
- Twin tubes to lava room (can pass through, but it's very tight)
- Rocky corridors (occasional points are too tight to pass through)

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 08:13 PM
Site Admin

IR:
http://www.chmodoplusr.com/IntoCerberon/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=2754#2754

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 08:53 PM
Site Admin

Notes:
  • ic_tumbler is big and hella cool, lots of places to hide. Lots of places for Narfig to die, too, apparently. The megahealth is the most important place to be Very Happy
  • Crash damage needs to come down, maybe halved, maybe 1-2-4.
  • No load GUI for ic_tumber? Maybe missing a file
  • in-game HUD and headlights don't work until you fire at least one shot, at the start of the round. Is this because it's in warmup until you click ready? We should make sure our HUD shows the "WARMUP" and stuff states like the original one
  • Still re-spawn with headlights on, though the art (sounds) seems to think they're off. Probably a code problem.

Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 09:07 PM
IC Team

I never got to test the "You Win" music Sad

I'm leaving the server up for a while in case any latecomers want to test it out . Just use the MP browser to find it.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 09:39 PM
Site Admin

Also:
I need to add ic_tumbler to the maps list so that it appears when you try to start a server.

SpectreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 10:02 PM
IC Team

Sorry, I wasn't able to join the party. But I guess the game would have been unplayable for me like the last playtest (400-600 ping)

iceheartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2006 - 10:43 PM
IC Team

I missed it, thought it was tomorrow :/.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to: