Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 2 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HeXeticOffline
Post subject: Internal Playtest: 2006-09-10  PostPosted: Sep 09, 2006 - 06:07 AM
Site Admin

Let's have a playtest this Sunday at 1200h EDT (that's 1600h UTC) to test out the scrape sound system as well as the new HUD.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject: RE: Internal Playtest: 2006-09-10  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2006 - 10:44 PM
IC Team

HeXetic, Tron and myself met up and played in ic_tumbler for a while. Guys please add anything I've forgotten.

• scrape sound works as expected but player.snshdr needs volume 0 for min/max distance to work otherwise it's super quiet. My bad.
  • HUD/Headlight/Weapon sounds still missing from certain spawnpoints (red plasma, reactor, and green plasma rooms). Problem corrects itself when you enter a room with a bot. Problem also occurs if you spawn near lava flows in ic_mine.
  • Weapons sounds still don't propagate. Hex has ideas about separating out nothing.def. Perhaps we need to put the animation in the correct weapon.def?
  • Playing with a ping over 100 still causes much sadness. Replacing the prediction code will likely fix this (to do: Hex to finish PHD in advanced math) as LPB Narfig had no issues being 14ms from the server, but poor Aussie Tron had his ass handed to him.
  • Hexetic is still a tunnel ratting camping bastage. We really need something to make the ships visible. Visible headlights, a glowy skin and muzzle flashes would really help this.
  • Rotational friction still doesn't seem to work (Narfig's pet peeve). Is this why?
    Hexetic wrote:
    Physics_Player::RotationalFriction()
    This check-in contains hard-coded values for (max) rotation speed, acceleration, and friction.

• You need to fly under a plasma stream to get Energy cubes in the red room of ic_tumbler. We're not sure you should hurt yourself to get a pickup.

Let's have another one next week. Is there a time that works for folks better?

JasposOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2006 - 12:26 AM
Cadet

"You need to fly under a plasma stream to get Energy cubes in the red room of ic_tumbler. We're not sure you should hurt yourself to get a pickup."

That was my plan that access under there was only when you had enough health and needed energy bad enough or needed to hide. I'll make it more worthwhile to risk a few health points.
Tumbler has a few changes and I will continue tweaking until later this week then will upload the latest files.

Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2006 - 01:43 AM
IC Team

I actually didn't know they were down there until Hex pointed them out. Maybe if you're going to hurt yourself you should put a bunch of stuff there? Let's make it worth the risk.

Other than that, ic_tumbler is still huge and yummy. Good on ya'!

Jump to: