Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 2 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HeXeticOffline
Post subject: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 12:32 AM
Site Admin

We're pleased to announce the release of version 0.0.2 of Into Cerberon, codenamed "Copper". This release ups the ante on 0.0.1 by including a brand-new map (Spectre's "ic_mine"), a functional HUD, new sound effects and music, and tons of bugfixes. Multiplayer is but may suffer in high-lag situations due to incomplete code that we hope to rectify in 0.0.3. Doom 3 1.3 is required (but not RoE). This release includes binaries for Windows, Mac, and Linux, and we've even tested that Linux<->Windows play works fine!Refer to the readme file for instructions; for bug reports or additional help please reply right here in this thread!

Narfig is will be running an IC 0.0.2 server at 24.57.197.74 all day today, so get downloadin'!

Thanks for playing Into Cerberon!

Last edited by HeXetic on Aug 08, 2008 - 05:18 AM; edited 6 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 12:43 AM
Site Admin

Known issues in this release:

• When the game gets laggy, turning becomes very difficult or next to impossible (code issue, will be fixed for 0.0.3).
  • Turning while close to a wall feels very wierd and doesn't work too well (code issue, will try very hard to fix this for 0.0.3).
  • Firing sounds for the minigun don't propagate to all network clients properly.
  • Main menu still shows Doom 3 logo, options for playing singleplayer, etc.
  • "Start Multiplayer Server" menu shows only standard Doom 3 maps (which won't work very well, trust me).
  • No configuration options for the IC keys in the menu.
  • When killed, ship "corpses" stay parked where they are.
  • Headlights come on when you die

Last edited by HeXetic on May 21, 2006 - 04:01 AM; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post subject: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 01:27 AM

That's still pretty spectacular for a 0.0.2 release, it looks that if this is going to be a multi-player only mod, you're pretty close to being done, right?

As of yet, I havn't seen it up for download, lord knows I'll check again....and again...and again....and again until I get it...I have flying to do.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 01:53 AM
Site Admin

Well, there are a lot of things left that we want to do, but I think we're getting pretty darn close to covering the "basics" of a total conversion mod.

3Ddownloads' mirror is now up, I'll edit the first post in this thread to have the links to download sites.

Post subject: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 03:09 AM

Hi, please help.
i doesn´t found the download from 0.0.2.
The trailer looks very nice.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 03:12 AM
Site Admin

The moddb mirror is still waiting for someone to authorize it; try downloading the file from the Doom 3 Files or 3DDownloads mirrors instead.

SirVentolinOffline
Post subject: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 05:17 AM
Cadet

just played it, GREAT work so far, just a few things...

the sounds are a little bit counter intuitive I thought, often when i'd pick up a weapon, it sounded like a door was opening off in the distance, it wasn't an error or anything, just a weird choice of sounds....the sounds in the original descent were very straight forward.

also, the weapon system is different, why can't we shoot primary and secondary weapons at the same time? pounding people with lasers and rockets at the same time was something so classic and orginal to descent, few things can kick that much ass.

a slightly more nit-pickey thing i noticed was that the way the sparks from the laser's collision was always oriented in the same direction as the pyro...this just isn't right, I'd think in a no or low gravity situation that the sparks would explode in all directions.

another thing you should be careful of is the tricky bindings you guys set for the function keys (F1-F12), those could be easily used as cheats in multiplayer mode to increase visibilty, ect ect.

one last thing for now.....where are the flares? Headlights are nice, but even Descent 2 shared both headlights and flares, besides, back in the old days of multiplayer, few things were as gratifying as killing someone using ONLY the flares with one hit point of damage a piece.

Excellent stuff so far over all!

SpectreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 05:39 AM
IC Team

cool. I had my first "fight" with narfig. pretty cool, but unplayable of course. Just flying was really difficult with a 250ms lag. The headlights shadows of other players are really cool to see in action.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 07:17 AM
Site Admin

You should try playing on iceheart's server, when he gets it up, Sp3ctre. Your lag time to him should be better than over here across the pond.

Ventolin, I'm not sure what you're talking about for the Function keys. We don't have any Fkey bindings over and above normal Doom 3.

Flares and two-weapon fighting are in the feature doc and will be done at some point.

bedOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 07:18 AM
Ground-pounder

I've just played in Mp with narfig too for a short time. Congratulation not only to the success for 0.02 but the map "mine" also. Its very good looking. The sound does not work correctly with the mod. it seems like a driverproblem somehow. doom3 unmodded sound works perfektly on my linux box.

Ventolin
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 09:41 AM

HeXetic wrote:

Ventolin, I'm not sure what you're talking about for the Function keys. We don't have any Fkey bindings over and above normal Doom 3.

Flares and two-weapon fighting are in the feature doc and will be done at some point.

really? maybe I'm just nuts but when I pressed ...F5 I think it was, full wireframe mode was activated, other function keys turn on visportal outlining, ect ect....I put your mod into a *totally* brand new and clean install of doom3 + expansion + 1.3 patch

and sorry to ask about something in the features doc, i missed that one, thrilled to hear they're going in!

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 10:27 AM
Site Admin

Oh, I see it now. the default DoomConfig.cfg in the pak file has F1->F10 set up to various r_ toggles. I'll make sure we get rid of those, although I should point out that none of the "cheatable" ones work in multiplayer (e.g. F1 is r_skipdiffuse - try setting it to 1 in multiplayer and Doom 3 will tell you to get lost; same goes for r_showlightcount, r_showtris, r_showprimitives, r_showportals, etc...). After all, they're just variables - nothing stops you from changing them without using the F-keys!

The feature doc is at:
http://files.moddb.com/736/download-into-cerberon-requirements-doc-/
It's got a complete list of guns as well as most of the other stuff we would like to (eventually) do.

Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 11:43 AM

anyway to get a joystick to work with mod? or joystick and hat switch.. heh also what verison of doom do you need. I tried it and loaded mod then doom died..

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 12:16 PM
Site Admin

"Vanilla" Doom 1.3, like it says at the top.

For joysticks, the best you can do is joystick->keyboard or joystick->mouse emulator utilities. There are several options; see post 5 and beyond on the DBB thread for IC 0.0.1:
http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=9107

Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 03:12 PM

i KNOW this might sound screwed up but scince Quake4 has native joystick support couldn't u stop dev or move dev over to quake4 egine ( I though quake4 was same engine and it supposely supports joystick..) just a though. space (www.spacesbox.com) descent player..well i know quake 3 had support

Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 03:15 PM

tryied coping over to quake4 no luck.. Sad
space

GameBumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 03:21 PM
Enlistee

This is nicely done there and I give this a big pluse. I don't know how water looks like in the game if you were to add water. If I were to shoot at any water surfaces, will water react physically like I saw in games like Forsaken? I know it's a silly question but hey, this is darn great for words.

iceheartOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 04:11 PM
IC Team

SirVentolin wrote:
the sounds are a little bit counter intuitive I thought, often when i'd pick up a weapon, it sounded like a door was opening off in the distance, it wasn't an error or anything, just a weird choice of sounds....the sounds in the original descent were very straight forward.

We know, we ordered a new one but it didn't make it into this release.

SirVentolin wrote:
also, the weapon system is different, why can't we shoot primary and secondary weapons at the same time? pounding people with lasers and rockets at the same time was something so classic and orginal to descent, few things can kick that much ass.

Upcoming feature.

SirVentolin wrote:
a slightly more nit-pickey thing i noticed was that the way the sparks from the laser's collision was always oriented in the same direction as the pyro...this just isn't right, I'd think in a no or low gravity situation that the sparks would explode in all directions.

The sparks fall in the direction of the level's gravity. In maps with zero gravity (map author can choose), sparks will just generally go in all directions.

SirVentolin wrote:
another thing you should be careful of is the tricky bindings you guys set for the function keys (F1-F12), those could be easily used as cheats in multiplayer mode to increase visibilty, ect ect.

Oops, developer bindings Embarassed. Either way, as hex said, the "cheaty" ones don't work in MP anyways.

SirVentolin wrote:
one last thing for now.....where are the flares? Headlights are nice, but even Descent 2 shared both headlights and flares, besides, back in the old days of multiplayer, few things were as gratifying as killing someone using ONLY the flares with one hit point of damage a piece.

Upcoming feature.

GameBum wrote:
This is nicely done there and I give this a big pluse. I don't know how water looks like in the game if you were to add water. If I were to shoot at any water surfaces, will water react physically like I saw in games like Forsaken? I know it's a silly question but hey, this is darn great for words.

If we ever make water, we'll make sure it looks and acts great.

bed wrote:
The sound does not work correctly with the mod. it seems like a driverproblem somehow. doom3 unmodded sound works perfektly on my linux box.

We know other players' weapon sounds don't propagate in MP, or is this another issue?

Last edited by iceheart on May 21, 2006 - 11:49 PM; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SpectreOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 05:41 PM
IC Team

iceheart wrote:

SirVentolin wrote:

The sparks fall in the direction of the level's gravity. In maps with zero gravity (map author can choose), sparks will just generally go in all directions.

There is lava flooding the floor, like in many descent levels. This implies that there is a gravity force somewhere...

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 10:03 PM
Site Admin

Of course, the lava down there doesn't explain how all those powerups are neatly floating in space Wink

GameBumOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 11:46 PM
Enlistee

GameBum wrote:
The sound does not work correctly with the mod. it seems like a driverproblem somehow. doom3 unmodded sound works perfektly on my linux box.

Keep in mind, I did not write this one. Do we have two GameBum's the same name including myself? It can be only one. Besides I do not have a linux box Mad

iceheartOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 21, 2006 - 11:49 PM
IC Team

No, I just fail at quoting Smile.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 22, 2006 - 01:14 AM
IC Team

iceheart wrote:
SirVentolin wrote:

We know, we ordered a new one but it didn't make it into this release.

No, that's the new one. Think of it this way...if you were flying a ship that picked up things by flying into them, what do you think that would sound like? Well, it wouldn't sound like some musical magic spell. There would be a clunk as the item attached itself to the outside of your ship. Or, it might sound like a door opening/closing as the item got scooped up by your ship.

When Ventolin says "counter intuitive", I think he might mean "doesn't sound like the Descent sound".

iceheartOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 22, 2006 - 01:19 AM
IC Team

Well, in that case I'd like to have some pilot feedback in the form of clicks or beeps or something from the onboard computer, I think most of us prefer some easily identifiable sound on item pickup.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Into Cerberon 0.0.2 "Copper" Released!  PostPosted: May 22, 2006 - 02:15 AM
Site Admin

Yeah, I was going to mention that I think the pickup sound shouldn't have such heavy echoing. It should sound internal.

Jump to: