Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 2 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
iceheartOffline
Post subject: Missile Missile whoosh whoosh  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 - 03:52 AM
IC Team

wee!

http://www.chmodoplusr.com/IntoCerberon/Local/Videos/missile.zip

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Missile Missile whoosh whoosh  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 - 03:55 AM
Site Admin

haha, looks like one of those "high-speed camera" movies from when they were testing ejection seats and supersonic aircraft and stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
ChrisOffline
Post subject: RE: Missile Missile whoosh whoosh  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2005 - 07:15 AM
IC Team

That is just so damn cool. I still think the Pyro GX model could stand to be a little more true to the original...

Post subject: Re: RE: Missile Missile whoosh whoosh  PostPosted: Dec 10, 2005 - 03:52 PM

Chris wrote:
That is just so damn cool. I still think the Pyro GX model could stand to be a little more true to the original...

I must agree with you,It should look more like the pyro from the D2 movies.

DuperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Missile Missile whoosh whoosh  PostPosted: Dec 11, 2005 - 02:13 AM
Flyboy

The lighting is what just amazes me. The animation is great, but the complexity of what is going on with the lighting from the missle is what blows my mind.
Btw, how long did it take to create the animation sequence?

iceheartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2005 - 02:25 AM
IC Team

Not longer than it took to slow down the missile velocity, fire one and stand to the side while capturing video Smile.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 11, 2005 - 02:28 AM
Flyboy

OH! duh! lol ... I was thinking it was a "rendered" animated sequence.. obviously, i haven't had enough coffee today. ..er.. eggnog. Wink

Snyper
Post subject: Re: RE: Missile Missile whoosh whoosh  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2005 - 10:06 PM

Anonymous wrote:
Chris wrote:

I must agree with you,It should look more like the pyro from the D2 movies.

Mabye I'm blind but to me it looks just like the pyro from the D2 movies. Question

MobiusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 - 12:01 AM
Cadet

Don't take any notice of the blind-as-a-bat Chris. Razz

The ship looks great, and the lighting effects look simply stunning! In game, that's going to look completely mind blowing: every time a ship fires a missile, they'll be lit up like a christmas tree for a short time - awesome. Will help in fire fights in darkish rooms, and make the gameplay that much better.

What does it look like from inside the ship? Will we be temporarily blinded by "Massive Overdraw" when we launch a missile? That would be very realistic, but I'm not sure if it would add, or detract from the game play!

Get Descent 3 Help at http://planetdescent.com/d3help

Shadowfury333Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 - 12:35 AM
Cadet

Mobius wrote:
What does it look like from inside the ship? Will we be temporarily blinded by "Massive Overdraw" when we launch a missile? That would be very realistic, but I'm not sure if it would add, or detract from the game play!

Assuming that one is moving around, I don't know if this will even matter. Also, the missile will be moving rather quickly, so the blinding effect won't last long anyway

Darkness called... but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!!!" but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls. -Night Elf Demon Hunter

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 - 02:00 AM
Site Admin

The light ball on the missile is very short-range and actually fairly low-intensity. The player is not even close to blinded by it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
iceheartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2005 - 04:18 AM
IC Team

It lights up the ship but it won't "flare" your display, it won't affect visibility for the launching player in the least. And as hex said, the missles move pretty quick, and the actual lighting of the ship as seen in that movie just lasts for 4-5 frames in real-time.

MobiusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 20, 2005 - 04:07 AM
Cadet

HeXetic wrote:
The light ball on the missile is very short-range and actually fairly low-intensity. The player is not even close to blinded by it.

Awesome.

I am itching to play with this thing so bad!

Get Descent 3 Help at http://planetdescent.com/d3help

Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 31, 2005 - 11:04 PM

Sorry, guest here. I can't seem to download the movie. WinRAR says its corrupted. Have tried downloading several times, cleaning cache each time to make sure I don't end up with the same file I had downloaded previously, and even trying with both firefox and IE.

Could someone share it again please? I'm dying to seee it

HeXeticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 31, 2005 - 11:06 PM
Site Admin

I just checked and it *is* corrupt for some reason. I will remove and re-upload it to iceheart's original post.

Jump to: