Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 7 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GameBumOffline
9 Post subject: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2007 - 04:23 AM
Enlistee

I recently installed an ATI Radeon x1300xt. I even downloaded the latest drivers but when I played the game, all I see is white spots on structures and grounds. I though I woud bring this to your attention Sad

Reply with quote Back to top
Shadowfury333Offline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2007 - 05:04 AM
Cadet

This isn't new. There's a weird problem with Into Cerberon and ATI's X1000(Shader Model 3) line of cards. IIRC it is related to the bloom effects in IC, but it could be just the normal maps. If you turn off Bump Maps(as much as I'm sure you don't want to) it will go away.

If you want to test if it is a bloom thing, hit ~(you may need to hold Ctrl and Alt as you do this) and type 'r_bloom 0' (w/o quotes).

Darkness called... but I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!!!" but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls. -Night Elf Demon Hunter

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 09, 2007 - 08:31 AM
Site Admin

Please do see if it's bloom using that console cvar. We're still not sure what causes this issue.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
GameBumOffline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 10, 2007 - 09:53 PM
Enlistee

Sorry for being late. Anyhow I did exactly what was mentioned above, I type r_bloom0 in any way but it was given me an error message Unknown Command............Anyway everything works so great with just Doom3 itself and other doom3 addons but I don't see why not that it should work also with Into Cerberon whithout thease vivid dots and lines.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2007 - 11:28 AM
Site Admin

Whoops, sorry. It's actually "z_bloom", since we switched to a different bloom implementation for IC003. Try "z_bloom 0" in the console instead.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
GameBumOffline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2007 - 10:23 PM
Enlistee

Thanks. I even tried that but it doesn't have any effect on those graphic bugs. It just makes everything a little darker.

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 01:40 AM
Site Admin

Well, at least we know it's not the bloom. Would you be willing to help me sort out this problem? Email me at hexetic@hotmail.com if so; I'd like to give you some alternative files to try out instead, to see if we can fix the problem.

GameBumOffline
Post subject: RE: Graphic bugs  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2007 - 03:05 AM
Enlistee

Most certainly. I'll be very happy to help you out the best I can.

GameBumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2009 - 10:26 AM
Enlistee

Graghic bugs no more Wink I just brought me a new high end laptop with Windows 7 64bit and ATI 4650, Boy your game took my breath away. All I can say keep up the good work there. Im starting to play this again.

Jump to: