Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 11 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpectreOffline
Post subject: Hi  PostPosted: Dec 23, 2010 - 02:03 PM
IC Team

Hi all. I was thinking back to this mod and all the great time we had working on this, and how it suddenly ended. What is your situation, Hexetic and others? Is there anyone who really thinks this is not just going to be forgotten and next time the domain expires only an error page will remain?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Hi  PostPosted: Dec 30, 2010 - 09:22 AM
Site Admin

Sorry for not noticing this. I did check the forum but for some reason the icon didn't change to orange, and I didn't see that the last-posted date was so recent.

My current situation is that, while IC is still always in the back of my mind, I just haven't been able to find the time to work on it. Right now, I've got a wedding to finalize for February, as well as a house to find.

The domain is on auto-renew. Besides getting booted off of our host for PostNuke/phpBB misbehaving, I have no plans for taking down the IC website, especially since this domain hosts (privately) some of my photo galleries.

I think things might have gone smoother if I had better knowledge of the art modelling tools. The Doom 3 code relies on the models and particularly the animations in some surprising ways, and that can be a bit frustrating. The other hurdle was with maps; I don't know how we can make the huge maps IC requires easier to make; the engine doesn't seem to handle them very well, either. Maybe it would have been better to make the ship smaller and then shrink everything else (doors, dead bodies, human-sized computer consoles) to fit.

It will be interesting to see what we can do, and if we feel like doing anything, if and when the Doom 3 engine source code is released. Certainly, joystick support is a long-outstanding wishlist item that would get a lot of people interested.

With that and a few tweaks to the code (like making IC a separate gameplay type to make it easy to find IC games) we could put together a new release.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject: RE: Hi  PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 - 09:49 AM
IC Team

I'm up for another release. Wink

HeXeticOffline
Post subject: RE: Hi  PostPosted: Feb 15, 2011 - 06:48 PM
Site Admin

BTW everyone, I'm married as of Saturday. I'll make a post on the front page once we have a good photo.

halogeneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 04:30 PM
Cadet

Congratulations!

Jump to: