Unregistered? Register for a user account. Home :: Downloads :: Gallery :: FAQ   

There are 1 unlogged user and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Moddb

Vote for us on the moddb Doom3 Top 100!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vertigo-oneOffline
6 Post subject: minerva  PostPosted: Dec 15, 2005 - 04:47 AM
CED Captain

i still say we bring back old school maps such as minerva and that one mountain map ( the volcano one ) but you'd have to change little things here and there to avoid copyright. you'd proably have to change the name aswell minurva, minervuh, menerva... whatever works... but i think someone should take the time to do it... i would but that damn editor is hard as hell to figure out.

~always'
the badass

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DuperOffline
Post subject: RE: minerva  PostPosted: Dec 15, 2005 - 05:01 AM
Flyboy

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.........

Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill...

You're an evil person STFU!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG

(in short.. if you make Minerva for this mod, I will hunt you all and stab you repeatedly with a dull spoon.)

BTW, the volcano one is Mount Slagel from the Total Chaos multiplayer pack for D1 and D2. I was porting it to D3 but gave it to Slowguy to finish. It was about 85% complete. .. maybe 90%

iceheartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2005 - 05:32 AM
IC Team

Uh... okay. Smile

We've said repeatedly that map remakes are a very low priority here, don't count on seeing any unless other members of the community make them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
AusRED5Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 15, 2005 - 03:26 PM
Cadet

iceheart wrote:
Uh... okay. Smile

We've said repeatedly that map remakes are a very low priority here, don't count on seeing any unless other members of the community make them.
X2

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 16, 2005 - 02:12 AM
CED Captain

im getting the hang of radiant, i faintly remember using it with call of duty.
so... i'll try my best to make minerva.....
i just need to know how big the pyro is, and i was just wondering if you could send me a file or something where i could just import the pyro into the editor tp deterine the size of everything

~vertigo-one

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2006 - 04:55 AM
CED Captain

ok, so i started it the other day, what do you guys think

\/ thats pretty much all i have so far

DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2006 - 06:14 AM
Flyboy

I already told you how I felt.

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2006 - 06:32 AM
CED Captain

hah! stopping it is impertinent.

SpectreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2006 - 09:55 PM
IC Team

i'm not a fan of d3 maps, but new maps are welcome.
If you started the game with the mod loaded, you have an entity (ship->ic_qwerty) that uses the pyro as model (dunno if it's useful) so you can see the pyro (or its bounding box) in the ed.
Btw nice work, but keep in mind that the d3 mapping tradition lacks of proper textures and relistic details. Observe d3 maps, add architectural details, to make evironments feel realistic, not just a bunch of boxy rooms.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
NemeSiS-FactorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2006 - 10:01 PM
Wing Commander

Not all D3 maps were boxy looking though. Just most of the favorites. I really hated Burning Indika, Minerva, Stadium, but those were the ones played the most. I preffered Singleplayer in D3. Or co-op.

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2006 - 05:20 AM
CED Captain

yes, although if i want to make a true minerva, it has to be a boxy map. seeing as how the orriginal was a boxy map.. :-\

DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2006 - 05:24 AM
Flyboy

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:
Not all D3 maps were boxy looking though. Just most of the favorites. I really hated Burning Indika, Minerva, Stadium, but those were the ones played the most. I preffered Singleplayer in D3. Or co-op.

Those were all Descent 2 maps that had been ported. When I ported Keg to descent 3 (D3 = Doom 3 on these forums) I wanted very much to to break away from the boxy, low detail look, but players weren't ready for that kinda change in a highly favored level. I got the same gripes about it at first on an early beta that you guys did here.. " We can't tricord, I keep hitting things.." ... well shit.. learn to fly straight and not just slide down a wall or floor. Rolling Eyes

At anyrate, a highly detailed Minerva that reflects D3 (doom) architecture would rock. A teleporter pad setup would make a great looking NRG center. Dang, I wish I could model.

NemeSiS-FactorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2006 - 07:09 AM
Wing Commander

Well, you COULD make a minerva just like the origonal. Or you could go play Descent III. I thought the point of the project was to make Descent look good. How about making a minerva that looks good hmm? Instead of having that red crap in the vent, place some fan lights in there, when someone passes in front of them it would look really nice. Change around the textures, make it look like a storage building or something. Add some pipes and steam, maybe a generator and some crates. no gripes about tri-chording in this mod right? Let em do it, but don't let them go faster. Ooh! Make it move them SLOWER, more realistic that way.

DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 26, 2006 - 10:46 AM
Flyboy

that's what I was saying. In the grated area, for instance, make it a plasma exchange chamber like in D3 or somesuch. I played Minerva for over 6 years in Descent 1 and Descent 2. A reasonable Minerva was never made for Descent 3, eventhough several attempts were made. Spaz never wanted minerva ported to descent 2 OR Descent 3.

Narfig_AgarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 - 03:24 AM
IC Team

Cool that you're already on it. Now go forth and make good use of the engine!

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 - 05:45 AM
CED Captain

hey, im having a problem while compileing, i keep getting this error.

any idea of what it means?

DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 - 06:02 AM
Flyboy

lol. it's the ghost of Spaz coming back to thwart your evile plans. Wink

Last edited by Duper on Jan 27, 2006 - 09:31 AM; edited 1 time in total

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 - 06:09 AM
CED Captain

haha

ok, so what should i do with the gay red crap behind the girders? and fans?

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 - 07:36 AM
CED Captain

hmm... im thinking... minerva- the mega missle producing plant. behind the main fencing thing in the big room i've made some poles running across. and i was thinking of having some sort of clamp thing runn down the poles holding the mega missle. for this, ofcoarse, i would have to figure out how to make stuff move Razz and i would also need some sort of model of a mega missle. and im thinking behind the fans and such you would be able to see out into big rooms full of machinary and conveyor belts and things of that genere. but i dont know, just a thought.

NemeSiS-FactorOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 - 08:23 AM
Wing Commander

If you want to make v0.0.2 in time, your going to want to put it on the back burner for now. Stay with static for the time being and put in some fans with the lights behind them. They would go nicely with the grate in front of it.

I have to admit, reliving some classic maps may add to my descent memories coming alive. Even though I always got ripped on that map.

[edit] give us some pics of the fan tube! Very Happy [edit]

vertigo-oneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2006 - 01:04 AM
CED Captain

here's a little teaser for you guys, i'm having some troubles compilng. so i just took a few screenie's in radiant.

iceheartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2006 - 02:40 AM
IC Team

Welcome to BOXYTOWN, population YOU!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2006 - 07:36 AM
Flyboy

dude. That florescent Purple is beyond annoying. It hurts my eyes to look at it.

iceheartOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2006 - 08:30 AM
IC Team

Well, that probably turns transparent in-game.

DuperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 28, 2006 - 08:38 AM
Flyboy

Oh, ok. I see that now, thanks!

Jump to: